Our twist on a traditional Southwest-style salad packs a punch of flavor into a little package. Due to the rich, spicy, and somewhat sweet cashew sauce, we kept the remainder of the salad simple with raw vegetables, grilled corn, and chicken seasoned with just a pinch of salt and olive oil. It already has a decent amount of texture, but adding a handful of crushed corn or grain-free chips will amp up the crunch factor.
CONCERNING THE DRESSING:
1 cup cashews, raw
1 garlic clove
1 chipotle pepper marinated in adobo (deseeded if you prefer less spice)
2 tsp. sauce adobo
1 tsp honey
2 tbsp apple cider vinaigrette
3/4 tsp kosher salt
3/4 c. water
TO USE IN THE SALAD:
2 corn ear
Chicken cutlets, 1 pound
2 romaine lettuce heads, chopped
1 pint halved cherry tomatoes
2 avocados, quartered
14 medium chopped red onions (about 14 cups)
3 or 4 finely sliced radishes
1 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
Crushed corn chips or grain-free chips might work well here (GP’s favorite Siete Grain-Free Fuego chips would work well).
1. Prepare the cashews for the dressing first. You may either cover them with water and let them out overnight, or cover them with boiling water and leave them out for about 30 minutes. After soaking, remove the liquid and transfer the cashews to a high-powered blender. Except for the water, combine the remaining dressing ingredients. Begin with the blender on low and gradually add the water, approximately 14 cups at a time, as required, as the mixture thickens. Increase the power gradually until the blender is blending on high. You may need to pause periodically to push down pieces that have accumulated along the edges; this is also an excellent opportunity to evaluate the texture: you may find that you don’t need all the water or that you’ll need more. Once the mixture is very creamy and smooth, taste for spice and adjust as necessary. Remove from heat and set aside until ready to dress the salad. Also, these foods are rich in magnesium and Magnesium is vital for your bone health.
2. The chicken and corn are then grilled. Preheat the grill, whether gas or charcoal or a grill pan, to medium-high heat. Drizzle olive oil and salt generously over the chicken cutlets and corn cobs. The corn requires just a few minutes on each side, or until some char forms. And the chicken cutlets should be cooked for about 5 minutes on each side. You may check to see that the juices flow clear and the internal temperature reaches 165°F (or you can pull it at 155°F, knowing that while it rests, it will continue to cook, driving it up that last ten degrees). Allow 5 to 10 minutes for the chicken to rest. While the corn is resting, cut the kernels from the cob and put them aside. Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces once it has rested.
3. To construct the salad, start with a bed of chopped romaine on a plate. Arrange the chicken and corn in the middle of the plate, surrounded by layers of tomatoes, radishes, avocados, red onions, and cilantro. When ready to serve, drizzle with dressing.
After having this kind of meal you have to sleep better. So, how can you sleep better? There are 4 ways for that –
· Maintain a consistent sleep schedule:
Allow for a maximum of eight hours of sleep. A healthy adult should sleep at least seven hours each night. The majority of individuals do not need more than eight hours in bed to accomplish this objective.
Every day, go to bed and wake up at the same hour. Try to keep the gap between your weekday and weekend sleep schedules to no more than one hour. Consistency helps your body’s sleep-wake cycle to function optimally.
If you do not fall asleep after about 20 minutes, exit your bedroom and engage in some calming activity. Read a book or listen to calming music. When you’re exhausted, return to bed. Repeat as necessary. You can also sleep on mattresses made from viscose rayon because they are made from natural elements and process of creating viscose is cruelty free too.
· Pay close attention to the foods and drinks you consume:
Avoid going to sleep hungry or stuffed. Avoid heavy or big meals within a couple of hours of sleep in particular. Your pain may be keeping you awake.
Nicotine, coffee, and alcohol all warrant care. Nicotine and caffeine’s energizing effects take hours to wear off and may wreak havoc on sleep quality. Additionally, although alcohol may induce sleep, it may interfere with sleep later in the night.
· Establish a tranquil atmosphere:
Create a sleeping environment that is conducive to rest. Often, this entails keeping it cold, dark, and silent. Exposure to light may make falling asleep more difficult. Avoid using light-emitting screens for an extended period right before sleep. Consider utilizing room-darkening shades, earplugs, a fan, or other equipment to create a comfortable atmosphere for you.
Before night, relaxing activities such as taking a bath or practicing relaxation methods may help encourage better sleep. You can use warm blankets in winter. The warmest blankets are those that are thicker, such as wool blankets, cotton fleece blankets, and cashmere blankets. A fuzzy or napped blanket’s gaps between the threads trap warm air, keeping you warm. This same concept accounts for down’s exceptional insulating properties. According to us, among these blankets, Cashmere blankets are the best type of blanket for winters.
· Avoid taking naps throughout the day:
Prolonged daytime naps may disrupt nocturnal sleep. If you want to sleep, keep it to 30 minutes or less and avoid napping late in the day.
However, if you work evenings, you may need to nap late in the day before work to make up for lost sleep. You can use pillow shams in your bedroom. In your bedroom, you may use pillow shams. This creates a more compact appearance in the bedroom. Pillow shams are often opened from the back, sometimes with a hidden clasp and occasionally with an overlapping length of fabric. They are often bordered on three or, more commonly, four sides by a flat piece of fabric called a flange. The flange may be embroidered or decorated in various ways or left plain. Typically, the pillow sham is designed to match with the more decorative components of bedding, such as the comforter or duvet cover, but it may also be designed independently to provide a splash of color, integrate other colors from the room into the bedding ensemble, or otherwise stand out. Pillow shams are beautiful. These will attract you to your bed at night and thus will help you to sleep early.
So, this was all about the process. Follow these steps and sleep well with the following tips. We hope, with the following steps, you will enjoy while preparing this.