Orbi is used by people worldwide for satisfying their internet needs. The WiFi device comes in various models and helps users enjoy seamless internet connectivity. Though while setting up an Orbi, your Orbi satellite wirelessly connects to another Orbi satellite and WiFi router for creating a wireless backhaul, just in case if you want to create Orbi wired backhaul, here’s how to do it.
Prerequisites for Setting Up Wired Backhaul on Orbi
- For creating Orbi wired backhaul, you need a working Ethernet cable for connecting the Orbi satellite to the router and another satellite. However, the number of Ethernet cables depends on the method you choose to create an Orbi Ethernet backhaul connection.
- All your Orbi devices should be updated to the latest firmware version for getting the job done.
- Have access to a high-speed internet connection to make your Orbi operational.
Let’s start with the process of setting up an Orbi Wired backhaul connection.
Steps to Set up Wired Backhaul on Orbi
There are three different methods to create Orbi wired backhaul. Walk through all the methods one by one.
Create an Orbi Ethernet Backhaul Connection using Star Typology
- For this, you need two Ethernet wires.
- Connect one end of an Ethernet cable to one of your Orbi satellites and the other end to the Orbi router.
- Now, using the second wire, connect another Orbi satellite to the Orbi router.
- Once done, turn on all your Orbi devices.
- Perform Orbi login and see if the star typology method works for you.
Create an Orbi Ethernet Backhaul Connection using Daisy Chain Typology
- To start with this method, connect one port of an Ethernet cable to your Orbi satellite.
- Now, install the other end of the cable to another Orbi satellite.
- Get hold of another Ethernet cable and connect one end of it to your Orbi router and another end to one of your Orbi satellites.
- Power up the devices and launch a web browser on your computer.
- Access the Orbilogin setup page, enter login credentials, and access your Orbi settings.
Create an Orbi Ethernet Backhaul using an Ethernet Switch
- In this method, you need to connect your Orbi satellites and router to an Ethernet switch.
- For creating the backhaul connection using an Ethernet switch, you need three Ethernet wires and an Ethernet switch.
- Once you have access to all the needed things, attach one end of all three Ethernet cables to the three different ports of the Ethernet switch and the other end of the cables to your Orbi router and both Orbi satellites.
- Now, access the Orbi login page and start using the internet on all your devices connected to your Orbi WiFi setup.
Hopefully, by following the steps given in the article, you will be able to set up wired backhaul on your Orbi. If you feel stuck while executing the process or need assistance to make your router up and running, send your query in the comments section. We’ll try to help you fix all your Orbi issues so that you can make the most of your WiFi device. Enjoy!