Did you know that the mayonnaise present in your kitchen can benefit your hair? A mayo hair mask can make your tresses smooth, shiny and soft all in one go. This hair mask is generally used by those who have curly or wavy hair. However, it is also beneficial for other hair types.
In this blog, we will help you with how to make the mayonnaise hair mask at home and why you should use a mayo hair mask.
The Benefits Of A Mayonnaise Hair Mask
Mayonnaise makes your hair healthy. It locks moisture to your strands and thus makes it smooth and removes frizziness. Mayo is classified as oil and primarily constitutes canola or soybean oil along with vinegar, egg yolk and lemon juice.
However, mayonnaise can make your hair oily because of the oil present in it. This can be beneficial for those with curly and wavy hair which generally lacks sebum in the middle and end cuticle of your tresses.
Proper moisture balance reduced frizziness and mayonnaise is capable of doing so. It also makes your hair healthy and protects colour treatments. Mayonnaise consists of L-cysteine, which helps in strengthening hair and increasing growth.
How To Use A Mayo Hair Mask?
Mayonnaise is very much beneficial for your tresses, and also there is a significantly less possibility that it will cause any harm to your hair. However, if you are allergic to the ingredients, then it cannot be helped.
Here’s how you should use mayo hair mask:
- Make your hair damp by first making it wet and then tap dry using a towel.
- Take one cup of mayonnaise and start applying it from your scalp towards the ends. Make sure that it is applied evenly.
- Use a wide comb to ensure even application of mayonnaise.
- Tie your hair to a bun and then cover it with a shower cap and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Rinse the hair mask thoroughly and use a gentle shampoo.
You can use this mayo hair maskonce a week if you want to see the desired results. This will keep your tresses smooth, soft and shiny.
Hair Masks are a great way to add nutrition, hydration and shine to your hair and are considered as an alternative for hair treatments. They save you a lot of time, and usually, the ingredients used in the hair mask are readily available in your kitchen.
Mayo hair maskis beneficial for those who have curly and wavy hair as it reduces frizz and moisturizes your strands. It can also balance out the oil in curly or wavy tresses.
More Mayonnaise Hair Masks:
- Mayonnaise and Olive Oil Mask (half cup of mayonnaise and a half cup of olive oil)- controls frizziness and dryness
- Mayonnaise and Coconut Oil Mask (4 tablespoons of mayonnaise, two tablespoons of coconut oil and one tablespoon of olive oil)- best for coloured hair
- Mayonnaise and Egg Hair Mask (5 tablespoons of mayonnaise and two eggs)- treat hair fall and boosts hair growth
- Mayonnaise and Honey Hair Mask (half cup of mayonnaise, two tablespoons of honey and one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar)- makes your hair manageable and unclogs your scalp.
- Mayonnaise and Banana Hair Mask (a ripe banana and four tablespoons of mayonnaise)- treats dull and dry hair.
You can allow these hair masks to sit for 45 minutes and then wash it using a mild shampoo.
Hair Masks save you a lot of time from going to the salon for hair treatments. The ingredients used are readily available. Allowing a hair mask to sit for 20 minutes and more lets the nutrients present in the elements to lock into your strands and thus nourishes your hair.
Mayonnaise is very much beneficial for your hair, especially if you have curly or wavy hair. And no wonder why the mayo hair maskis one of the most trending DIY hair masks.
However, if you have a busy schedule and need a solution that is effective and not time-taking, then you can take supplements that are rich in nutrients that increase the growth of your hair and strengthen it. Hairfinity is one of the leading suppliers of accessories that are beneficial for your hair.