For a startup the competition is even more choking simply because it needs to compete with big and resourceful brands while having very less resources under their command. This is why startups need smarter and lean solutions that without consuming much resources can get things done faster while ensuring higher quality.
Instead of hiring several experts for frontend, backend, middleware and database technologies, startups can fire full stack developers who are versed with all these technologies and their specific requirements in the project. This is precisely why full stack technologies such as MEAN (MongoDB, ExpressJS, Angular, NodeJS) and MERN (MongoDB, ExpressJS, React, NodeJS) stacks are so much popular among startup projects. If you are advised to hire MEAN stack developers, reconsider your decision and know the strengths of MERN stack.
A small startup can now hire full stack developers in India with a robust experience in MERN stack. But, when comparing these two technology stacks and their strengths for startup projects, MERN stack enjoys a competitive edge over the MEAN stack. We will explain all the strengths of MERN stack. But let’s begin with the basics.
What Exactly is The MERN Stack?
MERN stack basically represents a set of high performance technologies that are time tested for their development capabilities in building powerful and scalable web apps. This set of technologies offer complete development solutions pertaining to the front-end, back-end, middleware and database components.
Do you want to hire full stack programmers in India? Wait, give some time in knowing MERN stack. Here we begin with the four constituent parts of MERN stack.
- MongoDB: MongoDB is an object oriented, open source, cross platform and NoSql database management system that allows faster data transfer between server and client side thanks to the use of binary JSON format.
- ExpressJS: Express JS is a NodeJS framework which basically works in the MERN stack as a modular and lightweight middleware.
A Deeper Analysis of The Features, Strengths and Weaknesses of MERN Stack
Here we will try to understand the core capabilities, strengths and weaknesses of MERN stack simply by explaining the same for each constituent technologies.
- MongoDB is a highly scalable database.
- MongoDB running on multiple servers and by replicating data ensures optimum data safety from any unwanted hardware disruption.
- It offers MapReduce features and flexible aggregation.
Pros of MongoDB
- High level of scalability and Dara consistency across various data centres.
- It offers a very flexible data model and tools for GUI and command line to make the development process easier.
- MongoDB is capable of storing data in JSON-like documents that are known for flexibility and easier data persistence.
- By running on commodity hardware, MongoDB offers a less expensive pay-as-you-go pricing model.
- MongoDB offers round the clock global support.
- ExpressJS is the most trusted middleware that can easily help developers with access to database and client requests.
- ExpressJS offers a really advanced routing mechanism.
- ExpressJS comes with powerful templating engines helping developers to create dynamic content.
- ExpressJS comes with powerful debugging to get rid of bugs.
Pros of ExpressJS
- It is asynchronous and single-threaded.
- It offers faster performance and great scalability.
- With the help of inbuilt router ExpressJS allows optimum code reusability.
- It offers a Robust and powerful API.
- It comes with a lightweight virtual DOM that offers all the qualities of the real DOM.
- It offers full support to one-way data-binding and this ensures more control.
- ReactJS offers component-based architecture allowing easy te playing and code reusability.
Pros of ReactJS
- Thanks to the virtual DOM, the user experience gets better and developers can work faster.
- By relying on virtual-DOM it can re-render anything that has changed and this improves performance.
- It ensures close binding of the local variables with global variables for a smooth experience.
- Thanks to the one-direction data flow, ReactJS enjoys more stability of the code.
- Node.js apps replace the need of buffering by ensuring data output in chunks.
- The APIs of Node.js library are asynchronous and non-blocking and this further ensures faster loading time as the Node.js server doesn’t need to wait for API data.
- Node.js by using a single-threaded model along with event looping, ensures faster server response and higher scalability.
Pros of NodeJS
- Because of the support of Google Chrome V8 engine, NodeJS can be used for building both frontend and backend.
- NodeJS is free, open-source, developer friendly, and very easy to use.
- With Node.js you can run the same code in the server-side and client-side.
- NodeJS is regarded to be the one and only powerful choice for building server-side apps.
Advantages of MERN Stack For Startups
Now that we have explained the features and strengths of each technology of the MERN stack, it is time to take a note of the overall benefits of using MERN stack in startup web projects. Here we go.
- Each continuent technology in MERN stack comes with extensive documentation and online resources to help all kinds of projects.
- MERN delivers a full-stack end to end environment and startup projects don’t need to opt for inter technologies, tools and experts.
- MERN stack supports developer friendly Model View Controller architecture allowing easier development and smooth workflow.
- All the MERN stack technologies are open source and free. This ensures lower development cost for a startup when doing full stack development.
- MERN stack offers a robust set of testing tools.
- As for examples to learn, MERN stack has been used across a multitude of successful app projects across the niches.
So, here we are, after discussing all the technologies that make MERN stack. But a technology stack just doesn’t become popular because of its constituent components. It also needs to be validated by the successful projects. Well, in that respect, MERN stack simply outshines most other full stack development suites. Over the years it has been used in countless advanced app projects from both large and established brands and startups. MERN is particularly popular among startups because of its lower learning curve and inbuilt tools that reduce the development cost and talent hunt easier.