You must have been hearing a lot about omega 3 dietary supplements nowadays and why not! Omega 3 is famous for all good reasons. These supplements can help in improving your overall lifestyle and offer N number of health benefits. Omega 3 supplements are derived from both animals and plants.
The omega 3 supplements are rich sources of:
- Alpha-lipoic acid (ALA)
- Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA)
- Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)
All these components are considered to offer an array of health benefits such as: enhancing your mood, improving immunity, reducing oxidative damage, reducing inflammation in the body to name just a few.
You can consume flax seeds, walnuts, canola oils, etc. to give your body good amounts of ALA. If you are a non-vegetarian, then you can opt for fishes like tuna, sardines, mackerel, cod-liver, etc. to get good amounts of EPA and DHA.
There are a lot of brands that offer high quality supplements and the omega 3 capsules price of these dietary products are also quite reasonable. You can check out products from brands like HealthKart, Now, MuscleBlaze, TrueBasics, Amway, Herbalife, etc. You can easily get these supplements from any pharmacy, healthcare store or just browse online stores like HealthKart, MuscleBlaze, Amazon, etc.
Even though omega 3 supplements offer numerous benefits, we have tried to summarize some of the majorly known and science based benefits of using omega 3. Have a look at these amazing health benefit:
- The DHA content present in these supplements can help to prevent thrombotic stroke as well as help in recovering patients who suffered from stroke.
- Fish oil supplements are too good for your heart health. Well! Regular consumption of these supplements or foods can help to reduce the triglyceride levels, bad cholesterol levels, blood pressure and more. All these are associated with cardiovascular health and controlling these parameters in the body can help to improve your heart health.
- Serotonin is a hormone that is secreted by the brain and is known to control our mood and cognition. Regular usage of omega 3 (fish oil) supplements can help in the secretion process of serotonin and this can help to improve your mood and cognition.
- Omega 3 can help to improve your memory functions by improving the performance of the nerve cells.
- The consumption of omega 3 fatty acid supplements can help to increase the B-cells of your body, which, in turn, can help to improve your immune system.
- Omega 3 supplements can help to reduce age-related macular degeneration of eyes.
- Another benefit of consuming this supplement is that it can help in weight loss. Yes! You read that right. It can suppress your appetite and is therefore considered as one of the best supplements to use for weight management.
Omega 3 supplements are absolutely safe to use when consumed as per the direction and dosage mentioned by the brand or prescribed by a doctor. However, if you have any health issues and you are already consuming supplements or medicines for the same, then we would suggest you to consult a doctor before using omega 3 supplements.