Netgear WiFi router is an outstanding device that helps in increasing the overall WiFi experience. WiFi routers by Netgear are one of the best devices to consider, to enjoy the seamless internet connectivity in every nook and cranny of your house.
No doubt that Netgear WiFi router is a smart device to fix all WiFi-related issues. But it is also bounded with major technical issues. And blinking amber LED is the most common issue faced by every user today. If you are also one of them who is struggling with the same issue, this post can help you out. In this post, we have listed fixes to troubleshoot with blinking amber LEDs on your Netgear WiFi router. Keep reading!
How to fix Netgear WiFi router LEDs blinking amber issue?
- Power on your Netgear router by plugging it in to an electrical power source.
- Ensure to place your router in reach of your modem’s WiFi signals. Connect your Netgear router and the modem via Ethernet cable. You can also use a WiFi connection for connecting your router and the modem with each other.
If the LEDs on your Netgear router become stable, the above-mentioned troubleshooting tips have worked for you. In case not, head towards the next tactic.
- Power-cycle your Netgear WiFi router as well as your existing modem. For this, you have to unplug your devices from the power source for a few seconds. Wait for a few minutes and power them up again.
- The LED on your router will blink for a few seconds and then become stable.
- Open a web browser and navigate to the Netgear router login page. This process is just to verify that your router is working fine after the power-cycle process.
Moreover, if the LEDs on your Netgear router are still blinking amber, consider the next troubleshooting tip.
- Set a static IP address for your computer or laptop.
- Be sure that you have done the installation of your device correctly using routerlogin.net web address.
- Besides, make sure that you are using a web browser that isn’t loaded with junk files, browsing history, cache, and cookies. This process is important to access the web address and set up your Netgear router without any issues.
Still, facing blinking amber LED on your Netgear WiFi router? If so, ensure that the latest firmware version on your device is up-to-date.
To update Netgear router’s firmware to the latest version, keep the following points into consideration.
- Connect your Netgear router to the modem.
- Power on your computer or laptop.
- Launch a web browser of your choice in it.
- Enter routerlogin.net without mistakes in the browser’s URL field. On the off chance that the web address routerlogin.net not working for you, use its default IP address instead.
- Hit the Enter key and you will be landed to the Netgear router login page.
- Provide the admin credentials and click on Log In.
- Select the Router Update option.
- Check for the firmware updates for your device’s model.
- If you found that the new firmware version is available for your router, straight-away update it by following the on-screen instructions.
Once you are done with the Netgear firmware update process, you will experience that the blinking amber LEDs issue on your router has been fixed.
Still the same issue continues to trouble you? If yes, it seems that there is some other issue with your Netgear router. Maybe you have not performed the firmware update process correctly or haven’t completed the Netgear router setup process or provided wrong routerlogin credentials. Whatever the issue maybe, it is like ABC to us.
Just reach out to us through the comments section and fix all the issues you are facing with your Netgear router apart from blinking amber LEDs issue.