If you own a Netgear extender and looking for the steps to make the device up and running, then this in-depth guide will prove to be of big help. Here, we will no only make you familiar with the Netgear extender setup process but also give you a nudge on how to secure your device from potential threats. Let’s get started!
How to perform Netgear extender setup
- First of all, you are recommended to remove the antenna caps from your Netgear extender and properly attach them to their ports.
- Now, connect your range extender to a power source by plugging its power adapter and turning the power button on. Make sure your range extender is receiving an adequate power supply.
- Now, connect your router to the extender. You can connect both the devices by making use of an Ethernet cable.
- Start your laptop/computer and open an internet browser on it.
Quick tip: To avoid any issues while setting up your extender, make sure the internet browser you are making using is up-to-date with the latest software version.
- Enter the default web address of your Netgear extender (mywifiext) in the address bar.
- If the default web address is showing an error message, you can use the default IP 192.168.1.250 to get the job done.
- You will be taken to the Netgear extender login window.
- Here, you are informed to enter the default username and password for completing the Netgear WiFi range extender setup process.
- The time you enter the default credentials in the given fields and select the Log In option, you will be directed to the Netgear Genie Smart Setup wizard that is the dashboard of your WiFi range extender.
- You can now edit various settings of your range extender in the way that suits you best.
This is how you can successfully complete the Netgear Extender setup using mywifiext.
Just in case, if even after using the above-stated points, you are unable to access the dashboard of your extender, feel free to get in touch with expert technicians for immediate help.
Once you are through with the Netgear extender setup process, it’s quite relevant to secure your WiFi extender from any possible threats.
Here’s How to secure a Netgear extender?
While a Netgear WiFi range extender can easily be configured using the default password, you must change the login details so as to avoid any infiltration to your WiFi network. Walk through the steps listed below for securing your Netgear extender without any hassle.
- Login to your range extender via mywifiext and head towards the Admin Account settings.
- You will be prompted to choose a new password for your range extender.
- Set a strong password and hit Next to save settings.
This is how you can change the login password of your range extender. For more security, you can also create a guest network account for guests visiting you.
How to create a guest network?
- Login to your range extender and navigate to the Settings page
- Find and select the Create Guest Network option.
- Set a username and password for the guest account.
- Hit Apply to complete the process of creating a guest network.
This is how you can create a guest network on your extender and protect your WiFi from potential threats.
Here’s to hope that this post will help you easily set up and secure your Netgear WiFi range extender. Enjoy seamless gaming, streaming, and surfing!