Students of Class 11 can score the highest mark by learning physical education. Physical education makes the students learn about the ability to develop physical strength, speed, coordinating abilities, and endurance. This emphasizes the quality that is essential to living in society. They are,
- Team spirit
- Respect for the rules
- Cooperating with others.
These qualities are the essential skills for leading a healthy and socially active life.
Physical education is an important subject because it makes the students learn and absorb the importance of sports and why physical activity is an important aspect of life. Introducing this type of subject to the young generation not only encourages the youngsters to join sports but also makes them aware that being physically active is the way of healthy living for all human beings.
This type of subject encourages students to gain knowledge about what is physical activity; what are all the sports that are described as well as physical activity. The portions you will be learning are,
- Understanding the facts
- Analyzing the facts
These help you to learn to find solutions to new situations thereby employing rules and techniques.
Let us now look into Physical Education Class 11 Syllabus in detail.
10 units include,
- Changing Trends and Career in Physical Education:-
- Definition and Meaning of Physical education
- Aims and objectives of Physical education
- Career options in physical education
- National and International level competitions in the different sports categories.
- Khelo – India Program.
- 2. Olympic Value Education:-
- What are Olympics, Special Olympics, and Paralympics
- Ideals, Objectives, values, and symbols of Olympics
- International Olympic Committee
- Indian Olympic Association.
- 3. Physical fitness, wellness, and lifestyle:-
- Definition and Importance of Physical wellness, fitness, and lifestyle.
- Components of Physical wellness and fitness
- Components of Health-related fitness.
- 4. Physical Education, Sports for CWSN I.E. Children With Special Needs- Divyang:-
- Objectives of Adaptive Physical Education
- The organization that promotes Adaptive Sports such as Special Olympics Bharat; Paralympics and Deaflympics.
- Concept of the Inclusion, Inclusion’s need, Implementation of inclusion.
- professionals roles for children with special needs such as Counselor, Occupational Therapist, Speech therapist, Physiotherapist, Special Educator, and Physical Education Teacher.
- 5. Yoga:-
- Meaning, Importance of doing Yoga.
- What are the elements of Yoga?
- Introduction to Asanas, Pranayama, Meditation, and Kriyas.
- Yoga for concentration & related Asanas. This includes, Sukhasana, Tadasana, Shashankasana, Padmasana, Garudasana also known as Eagle Pose, Naukasana, Vrikshasana also called Tree pose.
- Relaxation Techniques for improving concentration such as “Yoga-Nidra”.
- 6. Physical Activity and Leadership pieces of training:-
- What are the leadership qualities and what is the role of a leader?
- Creating leaders by Physical Education.
- Objectives and types of Adventure Sports such as Rock Climbing, Mountaineering, Trekking, Surfing, Paragliding, and River Rafting
- What are all the safety measures to follow to prevent sports injuries?
- 7. Test, Measurement & Evaluation:-
- Definition of test, measurement, and evaluation.
- What is the importance of Tests, evaluation, and measurement in sports?
- Calculating BMI and also waist-hip ratio.
- Types of Somato. This includes Endomorphy, Mesomorphy, and Ectomorph
- Measuring health-related fitness.
- 8. Fundamentals of Anatomy, Physiology, and Kinesiology:-
- What are the Definitions, Importance of Anatomy, Physiology, and Kinesiology?
- Functions of Skeleton System, Classification of Bones & Types of Joints in the human body.
- What are the properties and functions of muscles?
- Functioning and Structures of Respiratory System and Circulatory System in the human body.
- What is Equilibrium? This includes dynamic and static, and the Centre of gravity, and the application of the Centre of gravity in sports.
- 9. Psychology and Sports:-
- Definition of Psychology and its Importance in Physical Education and Sports activities.
- Definition of Growth and development. Difference between growth & development.
- What are the developmental characteristics at different stages of development in human life?
- What are adolescent problems and how do you manage them?
- Learning and Laws of learning
- What is the plateau and causes of the plateau?
- Emotion: the concept of emotions and how to control them.
- 10. Training and Doping in Sports:-
- Meaning and Concept of Sports Training.
- What are the principles of sports training?
- What is warming up and limbering down?
- What are skill, style, and Technique?
- What is the concept of doping and its classification?
- Load, adapt, and recover.
- Symptoms of overloading and overcoming it.
- Prohibited substances in physical activities and their side effects.
- How to deal with alcohol and substance abuse?
Based on this syllabus, let us look into the Typology of which the question could be asked. For every student,
- Remember: – Show previously known information through materials and recollecting answers such as concepts, terms, and facts.
Understand: –Demonstrating the facts.
When the student is accomplishing this task, he\she will be given 43 marks.
- Apply: – Solving problems based on the new situation arising. The way of utilizing\applying the obtained rules, facts, techniques, and knowledge in a distinct way.
This gives the student 16 marks.
- Analyze and evaluate: – Examine the information and break it into different parts and thereby identifying its motives or causes.
Creating: – Compiling the information given should be created in a whole different, creative way.
This awards them 11 marks.
Apart from 70 marks on the theory paper, you will have the practical paper that weighs 30 marks. This includes,
- AAHPER, that is Physical fitness – 10 marks
- Skill in any one of the Game of choice for every student – 10 marks
- Viva – 5 marks
- File recording – 5 marks.
Hence, in the Physical Education paper, students will get to realize about distinct spiritual activities such as Pranayama, Yoga, and so on. Furthermore, they will get to know about the rules and activities of games and sports activities and how they should be played. Also, you will get to acknowledge diseases and syndromes and ways to cure them. This paper helps the students to keep themselves physically fit by learning about doing physical exercises. This paper has a practical paper for 30 marks.
This is to certify that you can score at a stretch of 30 marks in the board examination. Hence, it is not just a subject to learn but also a way of implementing in life to lead a physically & mentally robust life.