Netgear extender users trying to access mywifiext.local for setting up their range extender often get stuck with an error message notifying ‘Unable to connect to the site’. Well, there is no need to worry if you are one of those users. This tutorial will help you fix the mywifiext.local not working issue in a jiffy. Let’s get started!
There can be plenty of reasons behind getting the mywifiext.local not working error. mywifiext.local is not a regular site, instead is a local web address that is provided by Netgear to help its users access the Genie smart wizard. To get the mywifiext.local success, there are certain points that a user should keep in mind. Let’s give you an overview of all those points one-by-one.
Reasons Behind mywifiext.local Not Working
- Your extender might not be connected to your home router.
- The Ethernet cable you used to connect your extender and router may have a breakage.
- The extender may be really far from your router and not receiving sufficient WiFi signals.
- Your range extender might not be plugged into a power source or getting a sufficient power supply.
- The web browser you are using for accessing mywifiext local is perhaps outdated or carrying a hoard of cache, cookies, and history.
- You have a Windows-operating system and using mywifiext.local for Netgear Genie setup.
- You may have mistakenly entered the web address with typing errors.
- Ad-blocking software or firewall application installed on your computer are possibly conflicting, thus not letting you access mywifiext.local.
Whatever the reason is preventing you from access the www.mywifiext.local, the troubleshooting tips given below will help you get rid of the issue in no time. Read on.
Troubleshoot mywifiext.local not working issue
- There must be a proper connection between your router and extender. To confirm this, check the LEDs on your extender and make sure that all the lights are showing green. If not, power cycle the extender by removing its power adapter from its electric source and insert it back after some time.
- If you have used an Ethernet cable to connect your devices, check it for any cuts or breakage. If any crack is found in the wire, simply replace it with a new one.
- mywifiext.local not working issue can also occur if your extender is located at a far distance from your home WiFi router. In such a situation, consider locating your Netgear range ext a bit closer to the router and make sure no WiFi-interference devices are hindering the signals.
- Needless to say, but check whether you have turned on the power button of your extender. Also, if you have plugged the device into a power outlet that is not providing sufficient power supply, then also mywifiext.local will not work for you. So, change the power outlet of your extender and see if it works for you or not.
- Use of an outdated web browser can be another reason behind mywifiext.local not working. To get this fixed, update your web browser as well as consider wiping off the clutter of cache, cookies, and history from it so as to avoid any further browser-related issues.
- If you own a MAC or iOS device, then only mywifiext.local will work for you. On the Windows operating system, you are advised to access the login page of your extender via mywifiext net.
- Make sure there are no typing mistakes in the web address. A single typing error in the URL can take you to the third-party website or show you an error message saying ‘ Unable to connect to the internet’. Though the meaning of the message will be the same, however notification wordings can vary as per the use of your web browser.
- Temporarily disable the firewall or ad-blocking application on your computer to check if the problem is related to such applications.
It is expected that after giving the above troubleshooting tips a try, you will be able to access the Netgear extender login page via mywifiext.local. No matter whether you are accessing the web address for which extender model, the tips will work the same for all.
In case of any further assistance, feel free to shoot your query in the comments section! Enjoy!