Uber Eats, with its dynamic success stories, immersed the market with an extensive range of cuisines sourcing diverse restaurants to select from. It has changed our dining experiences with home-delivered food, insinuating no dishes, cooking, or cleaning to do.
Is developing a food delivery app a favorable idea?
With the ongoing pandemic Covid 19, food delivery services have gained a potential market for consumers, especially with the food industry being a mainstream one. Food certainly can’t run out of fashion; it indeed is a favorable business idea. If you are looking for any food delivery app then you should consider Brainvire`s food delivery app development service.
As per an interesting statistic, towards the edge of 2019, the online meal delivery market’s worldwide profits obtained $107.4 billion, making it a favorable business resort.
Uber Eat Serves with 3-ways model
Food delivery apps like Uber Eats follow a 3-ways model for smooth functioning;
1) Panel of Restaurants
Restaurants play an essential role in facilitating consumers with luscious food. Generally, a separate application is adopted for the partnered panel of restaurants to update opening and closing details, set standard prices, and showcase their menu and best sellers.
2) Delivery Agents
This version supports the delivery agents to pick up, process, and transmit the food packages with solace. For delivery agents and eateries, the app serves as a platform to facilitate their services and consume the amenities extended by the app.
3) Consumer App
Consumers act as end-users to the installations delivered by restaurants, delivery agents, and the app as a whole. Consumer apps are equipped with a diversity of cuisines and diners to select from, along with live tracking, online payments, and the availability of coupon codes and discounts.
With 60% of US consumers ordering delivery or takeout at least once a week, it makes food delivery apps an in-demand market player.
Distinct models adopt varied monetization plans; understanding these plans is essential to choose the right income source.
- Restaurant’s Commission: Popularly used monetization strategies comprise a proportion of commission imposed on the restaurant’s revenue delivering food. Generally, the ratio ranges from 20% to 40%; the percentage can be customized based on each app administrator’s preferences.
- Delivery Fees Charged: Every order placed over the application is charged with a delivery fee that may vary, based on the distance traveled to deliver, commission, and delivery agents’ availability. This delivery fee is levied on the customer in the form of an ultimate addition to the bill.
- Promotional Fees: To feature on the app cover’s top searches, these applications charge promotional fees to restaurants and hotels. This benefits the restaurants by boosting their sales and brand identity.
Important Aspects To Create A Food Delivery App Like Uber Eats
Developing an app like Uber Eats isn’t a smooth process; however, here are some aspects incited by UberEats;
1) Identifying Market Potential
Uber Eats, which traditionally emerged as a taxi service, observed market potential in the food industry with a large community relishing takeaway meals. It’s crucial to evaluate the market potential with dominating cuisines, trends in the industry, identifying your target audience, and unraveling what thrills them.
These statistics represent the varied reasons that cause takeaway users to use a food delivery app.
2) Determining the most suitable technology
Adequate technology choices can pick pace with how customers view and acknowledge the application. Technological assortments are required to construct the application, leaving users with an optimal experience.
Let’s discuss some of the technology types considered for food delivery apps;
- Payment: Quick and reliable payment gateways like Paypal, Google Pay, and Stripe is essential for convenient usage.
- Location: Renowned sites like Google Maps that deliver glitch-free locating services.
- Restaurant Listing: There are ample APIs like Foursquare, Spoonacular, and GrubHub that aid with an impressive listing of diners.
- Registration: Linking to iCloud, Google, or social media sources for the effortless registration procedure.
3) Model Type
Addressing the suitable model type is vital to attain the desired outcomes. Deciding whether the app should elicit order and deliver or only order model type. The order and deliver model functions to place an order with delivery, while the only order model offers food ordering services without delivery. The functionality differs on the model.
An app’s edifice imposes a selection of details based on market trends and personalization—features like order tracking, discounting, reviews, ranks, registration, and more. You can also intake an advanced approach with new and innovative characteristics like restaurants’ recommended cuisines and direct access from smartwatches.
Studies show that 34 percent of customers spend at least $50 per order when ordering food through food delivery apps. This pattern implies that food delivery apps make a great deal of money each day.
Designing a user-friendly app is significant to retain happy customers. Focusing on representing impeccable food with precise pictures, ensuring the design entices more visitors.
It’s also mandatory to run test checks to assess the response time taken to load the page. Smooth ordering procedure and glitch-free order tracking enhance the customer experience. One can pick from either of these monetization choices or imply a combination of these.
After determining all of the essential aspects of creating a food delivery app, considering an ideal app developer and fixing a budget is vital. The costs associated with app development differ from the app layout, size, and designer.
Thriving as an affluent application developer, we enlarge the techniques required to excel in the market dynamics. The Food Delivery App industry is ever-growing, with individuals from all age groups contributing a great deal.