The IT industry uses certification to show that a person has acquired specific technical knowledge and skills. If you have reached Citrix Certified Expert – Virtualization (CCE-V) and Citrix Certified Professional – Virtualization (CCP-V), you will likely consider re-accreditation to maintain your certification status. If you haven’t considered re-certification yet, here’s why.
The following Citrix certifications are all based on three-year terms. This means that these certificates are considered current and valid for three years from the date of obtaining them:
- Citrix Certified Expert – Virtualization (CCE-V)
- Citrix Certified Professional – Virtualization (CCP-V)
- Citrix Certified Associate – Virtualization (CCA-V)
- Citrix Certified Professional – Networking (CCP-N)
- Citrix Certified Assistant – Networking (CCA-N)
- Citrix Certified Professional – Mobility (CCP-M)
- Old diplomas (retired degrees)
- Citrix Certified Integration Architect for Virtualization (CCIA Virtualization)
- Citrix Certified Business Engineer for Virtualization (CCEE for Virtualization)
Suppose you are a CCE-V or CCP-V, the only two active certifications that require multiple exams to earn initially. In that case, we facilitate re-accreditation by taking one exam and passing it, just one exam.
Here how to keep?
Although the certification you want to keep is still valid (that is, before the expiration date of your certificate), take and pass the most recent test associated with that certification. For example:
- CCE-V: Take and Pass the 1Y0-403 Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop 7 exam Designing assessment and advanced configurations.
- CCP-V: Take and Pass the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 Advanced Management Exam 1Y0-312.
This also applies to all other certifications based on the terms mentioned above.
- Be sure to try recertification 90 to 60 days before your certification expires to make sure you have plenty of time to retake the exam if your first attempt fails.
- Before taking the test, be sure to download and read the relevant test preparation guides carefully.
- If you decide from a setup guide that you need a little refreshment, take advantage of proper training.
Please note: Each certificate expires independently based on the date it was obtained; Therefore, you must renew each certificate you wish to keep before that individual certificate expires.
Good luck, and don’t wait until it’s too late to re-certify.