Planning is an important aspect of filling out a business form. It is important to plan exactly what the form will be used for. There are certain criteria to consider. How important is the form? What details need to be covered in the form? Business legal forms are generally legally binding, so it is also very important to ensure that your form meets all local rules and requirements. When planning a business form, it is common to create multiple prototypes. It is also a common practice to create a form rather than review the finished product.
Ideas for the planning stage and to create forms may come from other sources. There are many online websites that offer samples of various forms, and in most cases it is against copyright law to use the form as it is, but it is not a violation to use the same form by looking at the form, and there may be some good things. Ideas to inspire you to fill out the form.
Once the planning phase is complete and feedback is taken into account, it shouldn’t be difficult to create a finished product.
Using a word processing program is the best way to create a business form. When I format it using the toolbar, everything is sorted correctly. There is software dedicated to filling out business forms that can be an option. The most important aspect of filling out a business form is the content of the form, not the software you are using.
Creating these legal forms is a common practice and widely used in business. Most self-made business forms are accepted in court and can remain legal as long as both parties sign the form.
If creating a form feels too difficult, it may be your preferred option over buying it.
There are many stationery and office supply stores that offer generic business forms that can be customized for any business. There is also a way to customize the form to reflect your business letterhead.
There are online options for purchasing business forms. In general, the fee is much cheaper than buying it in a store. Just fill in the required form and you’ll get a bunch of websites offering forms for sale.
Whether you have created or purchased a legal form is a must and will be used in your day-to-day business activities.
How to create a Google form
If you need a form on your website or want to use it internally in your business, Google Forms may be the answer. Google forms are easy to fill out and results are provided in a spreadsheet so you can do whatever you want.
Here’s how to create a Google form. You’ll need a Google account to do this, so if you don’t have an account yet, go to docs.Google.com and sign up.
- Step 1: Log in to docs.google.com
- Step 2: Go to New and then to the form (leftmost button on the top navigation bar).
- Step 3: Enter a title for the form labeled “Untitled Form”.
- Step 4: In the next box, enter some text to describe the form.
- Step 5: The next box is your name. This is a premade form box for entering the person’s name. You can either leave it alone or place the mouse cursor over it and click the pencil drawing to edit it. You can also click on the trash picture to delete it. You can make a copy using two boxes, which are different icons. This is the same for every question you make.
- Step 6: Create your first question. Please enter a subject for your question. This could be a real question or a word like a name or address.
- Step 7: You can include help text if you want. This gives you additional guidance on what kind of information you need to enter. This is usually not necessary.
- Step 8: You can select the type of question you want to use using the drop-down box labeled Type.
- Text: This is a one-line text box where you can enter anything.
- Paragraph Text: This is a multiline text box where you can type anything.
- Multiple Choice: Click the circle next to the selection to set up a variety of choices to choose from. This way you can only choose one.
- Checkbox: Select a check box to set other options that can be selected. This allows you to select multiple items.
- Select from list: You can set this to another selection that appears in the form of a drop-down box and choose one of these options (Type drop-down box is an example of this).
- Scale: Set the scale to be selected. It is effective when looking for someone to rate.
- Step 9: Decide if you want to make this a mandatory question. If so, select the check box to activate it. In this case, the form cannot be submitted without an answer to this question.
- Step 10: Click Done.
Repeat this step until you have filled in all the questions. To rearrange the questions, simply click on the question and drag it to a new location.
In the upper right corner of the page, you have several options for what to do immediately with the form. If you wish, you can send it via email. You can get the code to embed the form on your website under the Follow Up button. You can also edit the summary, a note that appears after submitting the form. I recommend editing this.
When done, you will be returned to the main Google Docs page. A new form is displayed under all items. When opened, you will see a spreadsheet instead of a form. The form’s information is stored here.
To view or edit the form, click Forms in the top navigation menu. From here, you can also email the form, receive the source code, or even post the form as your own web page.