Do you believe in making a change in child development? Do you love spending time and working with the children? Do you want to develop a teaching and caring nature? If the answers to all these questions are ‘YES’, then you must get enrolled in child care courses Perth. A suitable diploma course will cover all the children’s essentials that you wish to teach them appropriately in a loving manner.
Importance of earning a diploma in childcare education
Gaining the skills and working in a professional child’s care service by completing a diploma in childcare education helps in taking care of the child. It will help in the most influential years of the child, like childhood development, like physical, creative, and aesthetic, health, first aid, safety, planning for kids with the required needs, etc. Now let’s take a look at the most important childhood education and care program.
A childcare course: Certificate III in early childhood education and care
Presently, Certificate III is the minimum requirement to start a career in childcare. During the tenure, the basic fundaments of childhood development and care are taught. They are:
- The way to supervise during the time they are playing
- Preparing a plan including education and skills
- Adapting unique strategies for different children
- How to talk with parents and children?
Certificate III comes with 120 to 150 hours of practical work placement in work in a childcare centre. While studying childcare with the academic, you become a part of the teaching environment. It is led by professional and passionate trainers who will guide you to take a step ahead in your career.
For enrolling in child care, fulfilling the eligibility criteria is crucial. The requirements can vary from one course to the other, and for Certificate III in early childhood education and care, they are:
- To qualify in a child care course, students must complete year 10 or equivalent. The equivalency can be two years of industry experience or qualification, like Certificate II, or higher.
- Ensure that you have attained the age of 18 years if you wish to enroll in the course.
- It is vital to learn computer and the basic terminologies on computing skills, like 2GM, RAM, Microsoft Office 2010, Adobe Flash Player 10, access to associated software, printer, etc.
- You must successfully complete English at Year 10 or equivalent to that. The equivalency can be either two years of industry experience or completion of “Nationally Recognised Training qualification at Certificate III level”.
- Additionally, you must have the skills to learn basic computing skills like searching and accessing the internet, saving, creating, and adding Microsoft Office documents, compressing image documents, uploading documents, etc.
The study, facilities, and assessment methods
The Diploma in childcare is offered in reputed institutions in Australia with both classroom and job training by skilled and qualified professionals. Following the completion of the course, students can practice the skills at a childcare facility. Aspirants are assessed through assignments, written tests, and work placements.
The maximum duration of the child care course is 18 months and the outcome of joining a diploma in childcare is you can become a family day-care educator, an educator in mobile early childhood service, a centre-based educator, a family day-care service operator, and occasional care educator.
Benefits of getting enrolled in a childcare course
A childcare course is essential as it trains you to interact with kids and understand them better. A professional child care training Perth has exclusive benefits that many of you might not know. They are:
- Advancement in career
If you wish to move ahead in this career, some level of professional training is important. If you have a professional certificate, you have the opportunity to ask for a hike in your salary. Professional certificates can help you to take a step ahead in your career and understand how to deal with children.
- Gaining more knowledge
Professional training helps in gaining more knowledge, and it ensures that you will secure a good job. It helps you in gaining extra knowledge and guiding you to do better in your job. Additionally, when you have a professional degree, it gives you a higher chance to get selected.
- Staying ahead of the trends
In every profession, the trends keep changing, and to keep you updated, getting enrolled in a course is best. The child care profession has also changed a bit over the years, and if you do not have the required training, people may not be interested in hiring you. That’s why; it is essential to get trained under a professional course.
Training helps in making you understand how to create a better environment for the children. It helps in improving you professionally, and you learn how to interact with the kids and colleagues in a better way. It creates friendships with like-minded people sharing the same interests and goals.